Thursday, March 5, 2009

Killer peanuts


The other day, I was sitting on the couch with The Sihaya eating my favorite binge food... peanut butter on a spoon. I had just cleaned all the peanut butter off the spoon with my mouth, when the baby grabbed the spoon from my hands, and with great temerity popped the thing right into her mouth. I thought that with no peanut butter left on the spoon, Evelyn would have no problem, and hopefully be entertained for a few precious moments. As those moments passed, my husband informed us we needed to go to the store. We removed the spoon, and as we placed her into the car seat, we noticed that the area around her mouth had broken out into splotches of red, with tiny little bumps. Apparently the baby is allergic to trace amounts of peanut butter. The rash abated as quickly as it had come. We decided to keep the peanut butter on the top shelf from now on, and is not to be trusted.

1 comment:

The Crebs Family said...

Ava did that with Cinnemon and with anything that had egg in it until she was about a year old. Res rash right around the mouth...now she is fine. Hopefully she will grow out of it and be able to eat peanut butter by the spoonful!!