Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Glee of the Diaper

Our beautiful baby girl never ceases to surprise us with her inginutity and sneakyness. I was being a thoughtful and loving mother when I allowed Evely to hang out in her new, clean diaper before I put her in her outfit for the day. Like most babies, she loves the freedom of no clothes; so I reiterate that I was being a thoughtful, kind mother when I allowed her to crawl and stumble around the floor with only her diaper on.

To my joy and fears, my sister-in-law Becca, or Aunt Bex as we have dubbed her, squealed a minute or two after I placed my semi-nude daughter on the family room floor. There stood my daughter in all her glory with an unattached diaper in hand and a look of shear glee on her face.

Evelyn had smartly and quietly removed the disposable diaper from her clean bottom and then had remained quiet about it so as not alert the parentals to her deed till we were paying attention.

I am contemplating buying duct tape now. :)

2 comments:

Brad Querry said...

Your Uncle Clayt used to cut holes in a plastic grocery bag and slip thier arms through the handles for full body coverage. Might be a good option. Grumpa

Aly Porter said...

Haha! I totally posted pictures of Kyrah doing the exact same thing! lol! :) Our little kiddies sure learn fast don't they? Man, we miss you guys! How are you doing? We are moving to Logan in July so we'll have to get together sometime once we live there because we will be a bit closer. Hope all is well! ;)