Sunday, November 2, 2008

New Arrival

So...Mike and I needed our baby to be born on the weekend before the baby's due date, Aug. 22, 2008. Mike had a class on Monday that he really couldn't miss or we would lose all the money we had spent and my mother was part of a jury and only had a certain amount of time that she could be here. And I was nine months pregnant and ready to be done. To top it all off my doctor refused to induce me till after my due date. So we needed the baby to come naturally on the weekend.

It was Saturday and still no sign of a baby. My mother and I walked to breakfast, 1 mile to the restaurant and 1 mile back. We also went grocery shopping for an hour and walked up the hill to a ward party. I did a lot of walking that day. It was about 5 and my mother and I were making lasagna. I reached up to get something out of the cabinet above the stove and felt the most uncomfortable gush of water in my life.

To make a long story short, I was in labor for 8 hours. I got an epideral around 8 or 9 that night. I was in heaven after that. I even got a nap.I jumped from 4 centimeters to 8 in an hour and a half. At about 12:30 they told me if I was ready to push I could and so I did. I pushed for 20 minutes and then our beautiful baby girl was born at 12:54 in the morning. She had the cord rapped around her neck so tight that the doctor needed to cut if off fast so Mike didn't get to do that. She weighed 6lbs. 11 oz. and was 21 inches long.

Just about everyone came up to see her. My entire family and Mike's. Even my grandparents came up to see us. We were a very happy and proud bunch.


Introducting Evelyn Sihaya Blair.




No comments: