Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fireball

This is Evelyn's nickname most of the time. When I thought about having children, my impression was that my little angels would be clean and calm like Mike and I are most of the time...we both feel that God has a sense of humor. My angel has a firey spirit that often conflicts with my own. She has to get the cheese out of the fridge by herself. She has to try and open it all by herself for about a minute before she lets me help. Then I have to leave it in the wrapper so that she can take it out of that. She is an amazing helper to the point that nothing gets done. She knows how to turn the knob of the stove and dishwasher, things are often over cooked and under-washed. She tickles us by scratching us and her kisses are slobbery because of the molars coming that also brings fevers. And you know what...we wouldn't change any of it for the eternities. She is our baby, through and through. She has my eyes and Mike's curly hair. But her toothy grin is all her own and it melts the heart. All is forgiven when she turns it on you.

She'll probably be mad at me one day for being all gushy and embarrassing her, but I'm her mom and I'm allowed to say things like this. We love you Evelyn Sihaya. Keep growing and delighting us.

No comments: