Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday!!!

This is a late shout out to Grandma Maureen and Daddy Michael. These two very important people in my life happen to have the same birthday. Now because my mother lives in Arkansas I was unable to grace her with my cake making abilities but we thought about her all day, spoke to her many time that day, and in general paid homage to her growing years. We love you Grandma Maureen and hope that if you make it to next year it is a birthday that will rival this year's. Now the cake above is one that I made for my husband. It is way below my perfect standards but I have to start somewhere. I chose the Transformers theme in the hope that on my husband's quarter of a century birthday I might be able to remind him of things he loved in his childhood as well as things he loves today. A meeting of two great times in his life.
This is Evelyn enjoying the party too. She has a huge kitty that she plays with and just sits in the car listening to the little song it plays when you press the horn. Its the simple things in life that make her happy.
We couldn't find any candles but this one Tinker Bell one that was on Evelyn's 1st birthday cake. It worked out though because she just happens to be one of Mike's favorite characters.
Daddy and baby just waiting to taste the deliciousness. Once again, happy birthday to all and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Sokimna said...

Meg, this cake was so yummy! Happy Birthday Mike! I forgot to take a pic of the superbowl cake! Did you? Can you send it? Thanks, I've been eating that cake for breafast, lunch and dinner! =P