Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Drum roll please

It was the Friday before Halloween (great timing Meaghan...). I had just taken the last few diapers out of the pack and put them in the diaper bag. I looked down at the empty diaper wrapper and in that instant decided that I didn't want to buy anymore diapers. They are expensive and I just didn't want to do it anymore. To add to this crazy idea Evelyn had used her little frog potty before. She had started asking to use the potty both in public places and at home. And believe it or not she had been waking up in the morning dry. All indicators that she was ready right?

Well (knock on wood) I am now announcing that my big girl is potty trained!

We haven't had any accidents for a few days. She knows when she has to go and sometimes doesn't even tell us. I leave the light on in the bathroom for her and she'll toddle in there all by herself and the only indicator that she did anything, beyond what I need to dispose of, is the button undone on her pants. She is even sleeping in her panties at night and I am happy to report that there haven't been any accidents there either. She has never had an accident during a nap when she was in her panties.

I couldn't be any prouder of you Sihaya. I love you.

No comments: