Saturday, November 13, 2010

Creative Genius

This was part of our visit to Arkansas, which was an amazing trip. Well the above project is part of the reason it was fun. With life continuing for Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Melly, and Aunt Kenna, Shell and I had to find something to do with ourselves when our husbands were doing homework and Evie was sleeping. So after lunch with Kenna one day, Shell and I went and spent 2 hours at the only craft store in the area, Hobby Lobby. We looked at multiple projects that could keep us occupied but finally decided to decorate wooden letters with scrap book paper that represented the members of our families and we used a wonderful invention called Mod Podge to achieve our end.

After the letters I decided that I needed to add to my wall decor. We went and got a canvas and one night just let Evie go crazy on it. Mike, Evie and I each did a hand print or foot print and then Evie and I decorated it. It was a fun little project that looks great on my wall and reminds me of my little family.
This is Mike's letter. Suites him, doesn't it?
This is Evie's letter and she never lets me forget it. We walk in the house and she immediately starts pointing to the R and talking about cupcakes. She makes me laugh.

No comments: