Thursday, August 19, 2010

Forever Children

Well, we did it. I've been fighting it for three years but we finally had to put Evie into a daycare. She's hates me right now. All I get is whines and tears when she sees me. In the morning its because I'm leaving her and then when I see her in the afternoon its tears of relief and sadness because I left her all day. Then in the evening more tears because she knows I'm leaving again in the morning.

But there are a few smiles in there that I weasel out of her. And her daycare is great. Its a Spanish immersion daycare but that just means that I'm going to have to learn it because if I don't, I won't know what she's saying sometimes. The center is clean and they go outside every day. And some how Magdalena manages to keep Evie's hair in a pony tail or pigtails all day. The woman is a miracle worker. Evie already has friends and I am sure she does great while I'm not there.
Now why is it that children reserves those tears and the whines for just their moms? Is it because they know it breaks out hearts and we want to give in and would if their daddies weren't around? Ah, the musings of a parent. I know Evie will be just fine and it will be for such a short part of her life that she probably won't even remember it. At least that's what I tell myself.
On a happy note she asked her grandma last night, in a full sentence, for some ice cream. And she is getting good at somersaults. And actually asked me in a public area if she could go to the potty. Nothing happened and it was a strange experience for me but our little girl is growing up.

No comments: