Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yes, she did it...

The laundry room in our house is shared with the people upstairs. So I have a door between the basement/storage/laundry room that has a regular door lock, a chain at the top, and a convenient dead bolt where Evelyn can reach it.

Now that the story is prepped...We were on a Skype call with Grandma Maureen when I went to change the laundry real quick. Evelyn followed me and when I stepped on her I asked to go talk to Grandma while I finished up. Well she thinks herself quite the comedian lately. With a pile of laundry in my arms I found the door locked...with the dead bolt and my little girl inside the house just chatting with her grandmother. "Evelyn, unlock the door." I hear the door handle giggle. "Nope the bottom lock." Another door handle giggle. Panic had not set in, the front door was unlocked but it would have been incredibly uncomfortable to go through the upstairs neighbors back door. For about a minute we had a broken conversation of me saying which lock to unlock and her giggling on the other side.

Finally the door was open and there was my little girl with a huge grin expressing thoughts like 'I gotcha!" She makes us laugh.

No comments: