Friday, October 8, 2010

Father or Spider

So Mike and I about peed our pants last night. Earlier in the evening we had gone to Arctic Circle because Evie was starving and we thought she deserved a treat. The purple spider above was the toy that she got. She won't go near the thing. Its gooey and squishy and she'll have nothing to do with it.

Well as we left our friends', the Pascuals, last night, Evie noticed that Mike had put the repulsive spider on top of the rear-view mirror. "Ew! Mommy, I don't like that. Yucky spider." This one-sided conversation continued for another minute, then suddenly stopped. A second later both her father and I hear, "I don't like you father!" It was emphatically said with much gusto and I bet Mike's heart stopped for a second. We burst out laughing in shock that she would say something that no parent ever wants to hear. Then she said it again and because we were listening real hard this time we did hear the intonation of an 's' at the beginning of the word which only made us laugh harder.

Father or spider? Let's hope its never 'father'.

1 comment:

Cheney's said...

Wow....I'm glad you could laugh at that. The first time I heard Audree tell me that I was in so much shock I didn't know what to do. My mouth just fell open and I think Audree knew something was wrong cause she quickly said sorry and gave me a kiss.