Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My little pick-me-up

The day was dreary which always makes me grumpy. (I dislike winter but for Christmas. Snow...grrrr.) But to my surprise, my frown was to be turned upside down. I was called into the back room where Mike and Evie were sitting at the iPad. Mike turned it towards me and showed me this picture explaining that he was showing Evie the KSL article about the lights being on at Temple Square.

He smiled, "I showed her this picture and she very sweetly said that the two people were married." I was shocked. How could my little girl even know the word 'married' and further then that, how did she connect the fact that these two people sitting next to each other meant that they were married. But my smile almost turned into tears when my husband then shared with me the next thing Evie said. "Then she looked at me and said, 'Mommy is pretty.'"

The human race has children for more then just the reason of procreation. We have them because we need to love something more then ourselves. We need something to take care of and forget ourselves. And yes, we need them to tell us that they love us and that we're pretty. The simplest statement from a child can make everything right with the world. I love my husband and little girl so much. Thank you for being a part of my family and telling me that I am pretty.

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Oh man..that's a cute lil' story!

Julie said...

My grandma got the chocolate calendars at Trader Joe's. They are really hard to find and grocery stores don't always have them. You could try somewhere like Cost Plus World Market, or one of those specialty type stores.

Kelsey said...

Very cute! Isn't it amazing how much joy they bring into your life?! And how innocent and beautiful they are! And yes Meaghan, you are pretty ;)