Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reason for a blog

This is an idea that I've been mulling around in my brain for a few weeks. I've recently come across some blogs where there will be women, even mothers, who take the time to write a blog post about how frustrated and sick they are of reading about other bloggers' kids. They find the blogs pointless and feel like their blogs where they write about other things then their kids are better because they have 'substance' or so they think.

Well ladies, I am here to tell you that my above shown child is the only reason that I started a blog. The whole point of my blog is to keep family that is not within a 24 hour drive updated on how their beloved and only grandchild is doing. It keeps their spirits high when they need a laugh and provides them with endless photos of her. I'm using this blog to archive my child's life and our family. I didn't create this blog to entertain you so stop dissing on my way of blogging. I appreciate your criticism and accept it and now I'm telling you to back off. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well- I love your blog. Evie's my grand-niece and I DO live within 24 hours of her- but I check every day to see if pictures or stories have been updated. And if people are going to dog on my niece for how she updates those of us that care, I'll beat them up for you! :) -Rae

Heather and Josh Wickern said...

Amen, Megan! I feel the same way! People don't really comment on my blog anymore and I started feeling all bummed out and boo-hooey, but, ya know what? I feel the same way as you! My blog is not for everyone either. I'm not trying to win a nobel prize or impress some high society socialite. I am informing my family away from us on what is going on with our children! It's also a great way to "journal" without requiring a book. I LOVE reading your blog! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Nichole said...

You go girl!

Kelsey said...

Amen!! That is the reason I keep my blog going. So I make sure I write things down and family and friends know what is going on in my life. They know what our family is up to! I couldn't agree more with you!